Sep 30, 2010

30 Days of Insight

30 days hath September, April, June & November.......

a thirty day challenge to think about stuff you normally don't think about.....should be interesting & FUN!

Day 01- Guilty pleasure.

Blue Bell Ice Cream----Banana Pudding


Day 02- Something that inspires you.

when I have days that I feel like a mess, the Bible is my truest inspiration

Day 03- The five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why.

1. Feels Like Today: Rascal Flatts
2. Every Season: Nicole Nordemon
3. Freedom: Nicole C. Mullen
4. Our Hope Endures: Natalie Grant
5. Nothin' But Love: Whitney Houston

Day 04- What do you imagine paradise to be like?

there are no appropriate words to describe what Heaven will be like but I hope there are 3 things: coffee, chocolate & cheese!

Day 05- A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.

I didn't write a letter but I told one of my college professors how much he changed my life because of how he taught a room full of women and his sincere compassion, kindness, and love for us made all of us better 'future' teachers. His name is Dr. Graham Matthews. He is a wonderful man! I will never forget him!

Day 06- Earliest thing you can remember.

I remember standing on the steps of my Elementary school waiting to go in for my first day of Kindergarten.

Day 07- Favorite cover of your favorite song.

Any Rascal Flatts cover is good for me!

Day 08- Someone you think would make a good president.

A dear lady I go to church with. Her name is Mrs. Betty. She is a straight forward, no bones about it honest and has a heart of gold. Plus the fact that she is a killer cook/baker. I love her dearly. She doesn't put up with any nonsense!

Day 09- Five things you want to see change.

1. a cure for all cancers
2. eliminate childhood hunger
3. for recycling to be a law
4. better educational opportunities for ALL children
5. better pay for educators who teach with passion, integrity, and effectiveness!

Day 10- A dream you had this past week described in detail.

I don't dream a lot b/c I'm so stinkin' tired....I might have to come back to this one

Day 11- Favorite picture ever taken of yourself.

the first picture of me holding my son after he was born

Day 12- Your favorite musical artist’s life story.

hhmmm, not sure, maybe Natalie Grant

Day 13- A memory that never fails to make you laugh.

the night two friends & I walked several miles to go t.p. a boys house we went to school with....it was a myriad of mistakes that happened that night, lets just say, its a God thing that we didn't get arrested!

Day 14- Best mashup you’ve ever heard.

I have no idea! outta the loop on this one!

Day 15- A moment, phrase, or song that has changed your life the most.

the day I graduated college changed my life forever, it was a very long and difficult journey and I pray that by setting the example for my son, you are never too old to get an education!

Day 16- Something that you want to do within the next five years.

I want to go to Italy in 2012. That will be the hubs & I 15 yr. anniversary. I want to spend at least 10 days there.

Day 17- What you want to be remembered for.

just one? I want my son to say that I was a great Mom. I want others to say that they saw Jesus in me, in my words, actions, and deeds. I want to be remembered as an awesome teacher!

Day 18- A picture that makes you feel.

I have a ton of pictures that make me feel all kinds of feelings. I love the pictures I take for my friends. It helps me perfect my photography skills which are not all that great to begin with. BUT! I have taken some pretty decent ones. I love taking pics of my baby boy!

Day 19- A passage from a book that has touched you.

that's a bit tough.....I love scripture and I have my favorites but I also like what Rick Warren says in his book "Purpose Driven Life" which is that Life is a Temporary Assignment and that we are Not an Accident

Day 20- A band that you immediately liked and the song that made you like them.

Die Hard Rascal Flatts Fan! one of their first singles is "Movin' On"....it hit a chord with me...no pun intended!

Day 21- Your favorite medium of art.
photography

Day 22- Someone you would give your life up for without question.

any of my family members especially my own son!

Day 23- Most awkward first impression you feel you’ve ever given.

this probably occurred sometime between the age of 14 and 19. I don't really remember stuff like that but I was a pretty awkward teen so I'm sure there were moments that my first impressions were uh, not so great!
Day 24- Something you did as a child that other people remember you for.

I would line up all my baby dolls & stuffed animals and pretend to play school! Ironic b/c now I really am a teacher! hahaha

Day 25- Something you would do if no one stopped you or if you knew you wouldn’t fail
.
A full marathon....Boston or New York?

Day 26- Your definition of love.

stolen from Dr. Phil: Waking up everyday and asking yourself "what can I do today to make my significant other's life easier?", that's what I call Love.

Day 27- Your definition of the meaning of life.

I think we are all here for a purpose. Not necessarily what WE think is our purpose but what God has purposed for us. I believe we go through mountains and valleys that teach us lessons as well as lean on God's love for us and give him the ultimate praise when prayers are answered. I think we are vessels in which God's light and unconditional love is to be alive and bright in all that we say and do.

Day 28- A moment you remember being completely happy in and a description of why you believe you were. What is your definition of happiness?

there are several of these but I will go with one that happened last week. After 16 months, I was finally hired in the school district that I have been wanting to be in since I began my college career in 2005. Its not the "dream" job as a classroom teacher but its a job where I think and truly believe is where God wants me in. I think its going to be a wonderful opportunity to observe, learn,m and grow into a more effective and successful teacher. I almost cried when I was offered the job b/c I know that God does answer our prayers and he always uses seasons like I went through to teach us things about ourselves and about Him.
My definition of happiness is broad but specifically, I am happy when those I love are happy, healthy, and loving life!

Day 29- What you live for.

I live for Christ first and foremost, After that I live to be a wife, mom, friend, teacher, mentor, servant, daughter, sister, and a fanatically obsessed scrapbooker/crafter.

Day 30- Ways you believe you have grown over the past thirty days.

I think its been enlightening especially when you have to think about what you want to write that is interesting enough for others to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment