Nov 6, 2011

FAQ's

Linking up with Mama Kat's Writer Workshop

FAQ's about me:

1. What is your occupation?
I'm a certified teacher but my job right now is an RTI reading "coach". I pull kids out of class and work with them on various reading skills. What is RTI? it's short for Response to Intervention which in essence is a process children have to go through to receive special education services.

2. Where were you born?
I was born in Klamath Falls, OR but I have lived in several states. Since I have lived in TN for the longest amount of time, I tell people I'm from TN.

3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I went to Sea World when I was 9 or 10 and saw the trainers with the killer whales and I knew I wanted to do that. I wanted to be a marine biologist and work at Sea World.

4. How many kids dd you want when you grew up?
I definitely wanted two but I always thought depending on who I married and how much money we earned, I would go for 3. In reality, I have one child.

5. What do you do when you get mad/upset?
My first instinct is to shut down. It's something I have always done. I don't want to talk to anyone.
I usually go for a walk, listen to music or read a devotional book. If I'm really mad, I tend to be more vocal , depending on the situation.

6. What do you absolutely HATE?
I hate when people lie to me and I hate when people steal from me.

7. What is your favorite season?
I love summer and fall. I wish I could have fall without cold weather. I love the changing of the leaves.

8. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Watching or hearing about adults who expose their kids to stuff that they don't need to know. Grant gets mad at me because I won't let him PG13 movies. Well, he's not 13 and even then, the movie may still not be appropriate. I don't like seeing kids sitting at a bar in a restaurant. I don't like seeing kids with their parents buying alcohol. I don't like hearing kids repeat stuff you know for a certain fact, they've heard at home or from their parents.

9. Who has been the most influential person on your life?
I would say my Mamaw. A woman whose strength to endure a lot of hard times has inspired me to stay strong. She has lost a lot in life and yet she is a faithful Godly woman. She is the epitome of the Fruit of the Spirit.

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I hope I am teaching at a great school and enjoying life with my family. I want to go to Italy or a Caribbean cruise. I want to be in better health than I am now. I hope I have a second child by then and I hope that my relationship with Christ is stronger.





3

No comments:

Post a Comment