Dec 10, 2011

home movies

Last night, on a whim, we pulled out some old home movies. Not really real old, like 50 years or something but Bill and I have been together for 15 years and although we don't have a lot of memories on tape, there are a few holidays or events we have remembered to tape. One of them was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. That tape was hysterical. My brother was dating a girl by the name of Amanda too. My dad wasn't disabled like he is now and Bill's mom is on the tape and you can hear her just chattering away.
My most favorite home movie is the tape of Grant's birth. WOW! a lot has changed in just seven short years. I remember so much of that day and how it all came to be. I can remember that overwhelming sense of joy when he came into the world. It's an unexplainable joy, one that stays forever. I can't even imagine the joy that our Creator must feel when he create each one of us. We only get to experience a small amount of that pure joy.
I wanted Grant to watch this with us. He was interested but lost focus at times. That's a seven year old for you! The sweetest part was seeing his little face as a newborn. I was astonished at how much I had changed. My maturity level, the way I carry myself from then to now. A lot of the ways I think and feel about life have changed. It's pretty amazing.
It also is a bittersweet reminder that I still yearn for another sweet baby to hold. Time just keeps ticking away and I'm asking God fora definite answer. Seems we're still in limbo on this and surely by the end of 2012, we'll know what God's answer is.
I went to bed just mesmerized by the creation of human life. I can't fathom why people treat it with such little respect. What I wouldn't give to save all the babies of the world!
The video was also a reminder to soak up every moment of Grant and his personality. To remember the funny things he says, like when I asked why he didn't wear deodorant, he replied "because I'm not weird like you". I hope he continues to be so funny. Laughter truly is the best medicine. and who better to make you laugh than your own child.
Life is so short, I'm trying so hard to live in the moment of the day.
How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment