Jan 22, 2011

~a little bit of this & that~

Since it's been a snowy mess 'round here, I have taken the opportunity to do a few small 'projects'.
A couple of them, I had already half way finished-meaning I just needed to hang them up somewher.

Since re-doing the Master BR, I knew I had to do something with this space!
I really didn't want to buy a new lamp so I turned to my trusty Friend Krylon spray paint.

Here is the Lamp before
I will show you in a minute what it looks like now but first:

I found this 'fall' ish plate @ WalMart for $1.50 clearnace aisle!
instantly knew I could spray paint it too!
love me some Krylon!

see the lamp? the shade was on clearance too! @ Target!
I went to my favorite store Hobby Lobby & got a black shelf
it was 50% off and I already had the picture of my sweet boy
(I could toot my own horn about that picture....I took it & it looks professional!)
still figuring out what to put to the right of the portrait
I actually WON this cool picture hanger at Scrapbook night last weekend
I was ecstatic! it's new home is on my chest of drawers : )

I haven't filled up the photo carousel yet but I'm workin' on it!


I cut out a "D" from my Cricut and Modge Podged it to the plate.
C-H-E-A-P!!!
'lurve it'

and THEN I had to get these up in the guest room!


it took me forever....okay like 30 min. to figure out how I wanted them & I still didn't get them congruent to each other, oh well, they are up and I love looking at my scrapbook pages.

since I had the Modge Podge out I touched up this little diddy
I made it for Little Sqeeze last year and hadn't hung it up b/c it needed a second coat of MP.
the snow days have benefitted me immensely!
Next on my list.....go through the boy's room & start pulling more stuff out for Spring Consignment!

8 comments:

  1. Looks pretty. A new follower from Meet & Follow Sunday. See you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love the Force sign and we have so many Star Wars fans in this house!

    Following from the Hop!

    Please help me win a dream trip to Australia and LIKE my photo on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your diy projects. Following you. www.myhealthysushi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the "D" plate!!

    I just found your blog through one of the Sunday Blog Hops! Have a fabulous Sunday.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love clearance!!

    THanks so much for linking up at Swingin' By Sundays! I'm a new follower! Would love a follow back if you don't already! Hope you have an awesome Sunday!

    Kim
    http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, so I need to invest in a lil spray paint to perk things up around here. I like it :)
    New follower from the Swingin by Sunday hop!
    Ours+His+Mine=Nine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha..I love the star wars sign!! You did really great! I'm so not creative, so I can appreciate these types of things!!!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment! And by the way..what is MWE? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart! I will certainly pray for you and believe that God will give your prayer time an amazing journey and new direction. There is no substitution for that intimate time w/ Him. When I get busy and lack in praying I notice all other areas of my life start lacking too. Have a blessed week!
    Tara from undeserving grace

    ReplyDelete