Dec 23, 2010

Martha Washington Candy

Martha Washington Candy

Ingredients:
2 lb. powdered suger
1 bag coconut (14 os.)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick of butter melted
1 and 1/2 cup chopped pecans
12 oz. bag of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 block of paraffin wax
OR
chocolate candy coating that comes in big squares


I made probably about 3 dozen from one recipe


I used the candy bark that comes in blocks & it's okay but it doesn't make the shell look smooth
just look at how 'ugly'  they are.!
But, they are still good to eat.
Next time I will get the choc. chips & paraffin wax.
In case you can't find paraffin at the store, it's near the canning supplies.
another reason these don't look smooth is b/c I used a fork to dip them out of the chocoloate
I forgot to mention that before you dip them, put the balls in the freeser for at least two hours
otherwise, they fall apart in the hot melty chocolate


Thanks Aunt Babs for this yummy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment