Jun 15, 2010

~a day in this life~

WOW~ what a day I have had!!! I woke up way too late....8:30ish. I stayed up late last night working on this blog. This in and of itself can be exhausting when you're trying to change things around. I gave up the "ghost" around 11:30pm Back to the story.....I knew I HAD to get to the store, no matter what else I did to day, it was a must! I usually go w/o a list but there were things I knew I had to have & if I didn't have them written down then the chances of me forgetting them was really high! Made the short list, grabbed my 'green' bags, coupons, keys and was out the door when little man says, "wait Mom, can you check me when I'm done" which is code for "make sure I'm clean after I finish my business in the bathroom". Errr, I'm already behind but like a good Mommy, I did it. Finally, out the door and halfway down the street, I realize I don't have my phone. Now, I really could have done w/o it except for the fact that my mom was taking G-man to swim lessons & more than likely would be needing to ask me something or the bubs would be trying to locate me for some useless information. Turn around I did and retrieved the phone. Back out the door and to the store I go. I picked up what I needed. Thanks to the list, I spent less than what I anticipated. SCORE! Stopped at the house to unload the groceries, made sure that Grant got some lunch. So now my family won't starve.
On to the next task. I HAD to get my nails done. I think having acrylic nails is a double edged sword. I love that I have them for the simple fact that it prevents me from gnawing my fingernails down to the bone. But, it can get expensive and since I don't; really have a standing appointment, I have to show up & either wait or get right in depending on how busy they are. Luckily today, I got in quick. After this, I had to take my play sister Susan to the airport at 3pm so she could get back home to Cali. She called to tell me that she wanted to stop by Hobby Lobby. We spent too much time there. I was getting nervous about getting to the airport b/c with her physical disabilities, it takes a lot of work to get her checked in. I had to get her wheelchair out, re-do her carry on bag, grab the walker, make sure she had her purse & pushed her inside so she didn't die of heat. All the while, I'm dripping sweat like a whore in church! LOL So then I had to go park in short term, missed the entrance the first time, found a place to make a U-turn, took about 15 min. to find a parking spot which I almost had to fight over with another car. Opened the hatch to get her suitcase! OMG that thing almost took my back out. LOL! Struggling to get to her my phone is ringing which I can't get to. Get inside, push her to the kiosk to check in. Wait for the "bag drop" lady to tag her stuff. The big honkin' suitcase was over the weight limit, so I had to throw open the lid, take stuff out, put stuff in, rearrange, and finally got it down to a mere 51 lbs. Next up....security....oh what fun! The one good thing about escorting someone with a disability is that they get to skip line & go through w/o having to wait. Normally, Susan has to be patted down b/c she has a nerve stimulator in her back & it can set off the metal detector. This time she decided to walk through to save time. We were both dying of thirst by the time we got to the gate. She treated me to a frappacinno @ Starbucks. We sat for a bit, chatting about different things. Then, horror struck as I looked down at my nails and saw that the polish was totally messed up. Man! can't a girl get a break. Called the nail salon to let them know that I would be there @ 6pm for a redo on the polish. Left the airport at 5:45pm. I got the nails re-polished (learned that hand lotion can cause nail polish to "melt" b/c of some sort of chemical they put in it) and made plans to meet the guys for dinner. I was totally spent!! I had one more stop to make, a trip to Big Lots for two cricut cartridges that were on sale for a good price. Awww, relief came when I hit my front door and put my pj's on. What a DaY!!!!
Tomorrow, I get to chillax a bit with OBF at the Shores! Later Gators!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, you are cracking me up right now...because you totally sound like me!!!! The only time I get to blog is at work ( and I rarely have time to check blogs then...and am pretty sure I'm not allowed to LOL) and late at night when the kids and hub us asleep! I also understand about the nails!!! I'm a nurse and they don't let us where acrylic nails, but the other week I was in a wedding and got a "gel manicure". LOVE it, no tips just a natural gel overlay, the only problem is I need to go in now every 2 weeks to have them redone....I forgot about the commitment that was involved LOL!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing!