Jan 31, 2013

my first quilt



I have been meaning to blog about this quilt. I have never made a quilt and quilting is something I have always wanted to do. I am too cheap to go take classes and make something already preset. I watched a lot of YouTube vi dos and searched a lot of websites to come up with something I knew I could manage. The type of quilt is called a "jelly roll" quilt. The strops of coordinating fabric is rolled up into one big roll and you then you sew the strips together. It's not as easy as it sounds so I had to make a practice one.  learned a lot from just doing that. I finished the quilt top and could never find time to get it basted and binded before the baby girl who going to get this came into the world. I found a lady who helped me quilt it on her longarm sewing ma cine ( a huge expensive machine) ) and she basically did one side of the binding and I finished the backside by hand. that took a long time too.
I think it turned out pretty cute for a beginner quilt. I hope Baby Meredith will use it forever and pass it on to her children. Quilts are fabrics woven together with love!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment