Dec 12, 2012

12.12.12

So they say this kind of phenomena won't happen again for 97 more years. I thought I would share the highlights of my day!

Woke up at 5:30am-ish
I didn't feel so great, I think it's a culmination of just being super tired of waking up so early and the bitterness of winter coming on.
I was so busy getting stuff together for the Christmas Luncheon that I forgot to brush and straighten my hair!!! Luckily, it didn't look so bad.

Got to school, did my normal daily morning duties (sitting in a classroom "looking pretty" is what I call it!)
I took my dessert to the school library for the Bake Off contest I never win (no I'm not bitter!) heehee
I made these cookie crusted peanut butter cup brownie cookie. I made these for Craft Camp and they were a hit but I guess when you have such a large crowd of people, no one is tempted to bite into something that they don't know what's in it. Oh Well!

The Staff Luncheon food was great. I ate way too much of course but I didn't go bazerck on the desserts which are definitely my weakness. The weirdest part for me is that I felt like I didn't belong there. I have spent three years at this school, been looked over twice for a position and it felt so fake to me. I really love "most" of the teachers that work there and all have them been so kind but the administration has been dis ingenious and I can't seem to get past that.
I am working on that thought and with hope I wait for God's hand in it all.

Sorry, that was a soapbox...I'll step down now.

After school, I came home and took a nap. I rarely ever do this but I think I was still feeling yucky. I woke up with a minor headache and terrible indigestion. I pushed through and ended up feeling a little better after I drank some tea.

I met my friend for dinner and then I went to church. The interim Pastor started tonight but I didn't get to meet him.

Now, I sit here, enjoying my mommy time and watching t.v. which I rarely ever get to do either.

How was your 12.12.12?



No comments:

Post a Comment