Nov 19, 2010

thank you "Martha"

Cindy over at the Martha Complex gave me an award! Wow, I have never recieved an award!


With this award I am supposed to share 7 things about myself, and then pass the blog award on to some blogs that I enjoy. Follow below to see the blogs I nominated...


 
1. I miss being at home. I do like my job but I also liked being at home and having a lot more feedom to choose what to do with my day. I feel like I am making a difference in some of the students I work with. But my deepest heart's desire ts to be in my own classroom.
 
2. I have begun to read a short devotional every morning when I get to school. Sometimes I miss but for the most part, I read one and say a little prayer. It really has helped me to stay focused on what God is using me for. Also, the amazing thing is that what I read usually pertains to what I'm struggling with! God is so cool!
 
3. I am reading this book called "TEACH like your hair is on fire" by Rafe Esquith. This teacher has an amazing perspective and gives some really good advice on how to teach effectively. I think it should be a required reading for all Teachers, but that's just me!
 
4. I am taking myself on a mini-vacation the first few days of Spring Break. I am hoping my BFF will join me! I can't tell you where it is, but WHEN  I make that RSVP, you'll be the first to know!
 
5. We are working OH so HARD on our Children's Christmas musical. It's going to be a real HOOT!
Heather and I feel like we are going to lose our minds but I know we'll both be welling up with tears b/c we will be so proud of our kiddos!
 
6. My boy earned his Bobcat badge last night at Cub Scouts! I am super proud of him and I think he really likes Scouting. We are the Den Leaders and there are nine boys. They have a lot of fun together and I have a great group of parents who are very involved and have made the committment to stick with scouting.
 
7. I don't normally share a lot of private and personal information, but I am seeking God's face in our efforts to have another child. One of the options we are thinking about is sperm donation. Its something I am praying about. I can't really entertain the specifics until after the new year because our insurance is going to change. It's just one of those things that requires a lot of prayer and consideration.
 
Thanks Cindy for the AWARD!!! 
 
 
NOW, its my turn to hand out the STYLISH BLOG award!
 
Cheryl over at a pretty cool life
Ruth over at My Devotinal Thoughts
Heather at Our Life...
Katie over at Third TIme's a Charm
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment