Jul 12, 2009

Lake Winnie on the 4th of July

The 3 of us + Grammy took a weekend trip to Chattanooga and Lake Winnie is right outside there in a town called Rossville, GA. When I was about 9 or 19, my Aunt took a bunch of us kids to Lake Winnepesaukah and I have great memories of that day. So, this year, I wanted to take Grant there and it was just as I had imagined. It's a small family owned, old style amusement park and it is perfect for families with young kids. Grant talked me into riding the "Pipeline Plunge" which is a water ride. Silly me thought I couldn't get too wet, but from the picture, you can tell that I was freakin' out b/c my shorts were totally soaked. I bought the foam Statue of Liberty visor for Grant to wear but I ended up wearing it for a little bit. People probably thought I looked a little silly but for me, it was about re-connecting with my childhood. I got a good quadricep workout when we did the Paddleboats. The boy's legs weren't long enough of course so I was the one doing all the work. We had so much fun, I think we might make this a DeFelice summer traadition. The day wasn't complete until I bought a frozen banana as we departed the park......aaaahhhh, what a great day!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment