Oct 30, 2009

~week In review~

I haven't bloggged lately b/c I didn't really have much to say so I figured I would recap the week, its been a busy one!!!

Sunday: The day after the Fall Festival which turned out to be great (according to others who were there) & I swore I was just gonna come home & chill but I forced myself to go to the Y for a Step class & Zumba, yep thats right, almost a 2 hr. workout, I needed it though, so it was okay.

Monday: Woke up at 6:40am & my body was screaming at me..."you eeeedddiiiioooot, what were you thinking?!" But, there are no breaks when you're a mom so I HAD to get up & get Grant ready for school. I raced to get him dressed, fed, & lunch packed so I could quickly return to bed. Bill offered to take him & I didn't resist the offer. I went back to bed @ 7:30 & slept until 10:30am. Oh how wonderful that felt, and my body thanked me sincerely. I just stayed home the rest of the day and piddled around until it was time to go get the boy from school.

Tuesday: Up & at 'em early, got Grant off to school, came home, did a bit of laundry, unload & load dishwasher, ate some b'fast then headed out for my Tues. morning exercise class. Got a text from my brother that he & my favorite Uncle Fred were bringing my Mamaw up to see my dad in Lebanon. So after my class, Bill & I headed out there for a visit. It was great to see my grandmother. I fear she doesn't have much longer on this earth but I know her place is secured in heaven. I love her so much & desperately wish I could see her more.

Wednesday: HUMP DAY! Today was Grant's first Field Trip @ Pumpkin Hill in Mt. Juliet. Bill & I got there early to meet the bus but later found out that the buses that were supposed to be @ Tulip Grove Elem arrived late to pick up the Kindergarten classes & then they had to cram all the kids into two buses b/c the third one wasn't coming at all. Since Grant is zoned Metro, its not surprising that the lack of communication has been a generational problem. Speaking of MNPS, I have tried to make contact with different people in HR to find out about an online interview I have to do AND obtaining some info in regards to subbing in this system. So far, NO ONE! has returned my phone calls. So I say FFFFOOOORRRGGEETT IIITTTT! I am not going to waste any more of my time trying to deal with people who can't return a phone call. NEXT!!!

Thursday: I stayed up way too late & tried to talk myself out of going to the gym but I didn't get to go to Zumba on Wed. so I seriously had to force myself to get to the gym. After I finished exercising, I raced home to change clothes & dashed out the door to get to Lebanon. I FINALLY am getting closer to substituting in Wilson Co. I met with the sub coordinator & I got my paperwork completed & left with a Handbook & orders to go get a drug test. The place I went to was nearby so I went in, signed my name to the clipboard & sat down. I thought to myself, "Self, this shouldn't take too long, all I gotta do is pee in a cup & viola! I should be outta here in no time flat!" Well, that wasn't the case....it took an hour worth of waiting for a ten minute testing procedure. It was somewhat awkward handing over a cup of your own bodily fluid to a shall we say handsome young lab technician. Yes, it was a tinge bit embarassing. Moving on, I had a dentist appt @ 1pm to get a filling replaced that I lost on Wed. So I was in Lebanon & guess where my dentist is? in Madison. I took rt. 109 hoping I could make it there in an hour. NOPE! got held up in construction traffic for 20 minutes or more. I called the dentist office to let them know I was going to be late. After much speeding & praying that I wouldn't get a tixket, I made it there. Sat in the dentist chair for 2 hours!!!! One filling took 2 hours!!!! OMG! I was about to take a nap when they finally got back to me. Sheesh, what a pain! I spent the evening with my boy "chill-axin" and picking up around the house.

Friday: a Dr. Phil-ism "today is going to be a changing day in your life". Yep, thats for sure!
I haven't been an open book about this topic so I have chosen to reveal the details here in this forum for all to read & understand. So here it goes. Its possible that people have wondered why Bill & I haven't had another child. We have been trying for about the past year-year & a half. Every month became a waiting game & then disappointment. So I requested that Bill go to his Dr. & get some blood work done & another semen analysis. Around the same time he had his appts. I went to my ob/gyn for a yearly exam ( I haven't had one in 2 yrs.), she also wanted to test my hormone levels & my thyroid. Fast forward a bit, my pap smear came back normal, my progesterone level was a bit on the low side but my thyroid was normal. Bills tests came back & his hormone level was normal but the sperm count, morphology, and motility were abnormal meaning below levels that are normal or conducive to producing a baby. So my ob/gyn recommended us to the Nashville Fertility Center. Our appt. with them was today 10/30.
Before I even walked through the doors, I took a deep breath & asked God to guide me in my emotions & to stay aware of what was going to be said. More times than not, I seem to tune out what doctors say & my thoughts overtake my ability to really listen & understand what the doctor is saying. Anyway, met with Dr. Abby Eblin. She was super nice, straight to the point, explained everything clearly & seemed pretty supportive. I guess you have to be when you are the doctor trying to help perform miracles. She went over our health history, asked us some more questions and gave us our "game plan". More on that in just a minute. Bill had to get outta there p-d-q to get Grant from school so they rushed him to the lab to give blood to run more tests. I on the otherhand stayed so Dr. Eblin could examine me & they also did an ultrasound. I waited for about 30 min. for her to come back & let me know what the ultrasound showed. I have a small cyst (has a funky name) on my left ovary. Nothing life threatening but she does want to watch it b/c if it grows, it might need to be removed. One positive thing is that a woman of my age normally has 10 or less microfollicles but I have about 10-15 on each side which is good b/c those are what release the egg from the ovaries. She also took another blood sample for some further testing, she wants to check hormone levels again. OKAY, with all that being said, here is the Game Plan:
Its a procedure called IUI *intrauterine insemination*. Google that and you will find out what its all about. I won't go into a lot of detail about it but that is what we are going to do next month. So there you have it, the whole kitten caboodle....my crazy busy life in just one week.
I apologize if this is too long, I like to share what's on my mind.

Oh, and since today is Halloween, we are headed over to my OBF's house for some food, fun, & trick or treating I will post pics sometime next week. Be safe out there!!! until next time,
luvyameanit

2 comments:

  1. still praying 4 u. God has a plan and His timing is purrrrfect! :)
    Hey, you forgot to mention that you watched my hethen kids this week too!!

    ReplyDelete